Welcome to the
Your Inn ........ Our Home
We are open and all the required health and safety processes are in place.
-----From July 19th-----
COVID 19 STEP 4
IN LINE WITH GOVERNMENT RECOMMENDED GUIDELINES TO HELP KEEP US ALL SAFE
We the Cross Keys team:
1. Have completed the necessary risk assessments
2. Will provide adequate ventilation (apologies in advance if it gets a bit breezy!!)
3. Will continue to wear face masks, use sanitiser and keep all areas super clean
4. Will not be providing a bar service and continue to provide table service only
We ask that you - our wonderful customers:
1. Please do not enter the premises (indoors or outdoors) if you have COVID symptoms or have been asked to self-isolate by the NHS Track & Trace
2. We kindly request that you continue to wear a mask when moving around inside the pub.
3. We also would like to encourage you to make use of the NHS QR code and check in on arrival.
4. Make diligent use of the hand sanitisers provided.
Thank you for your co-operation.
The history of The Cross Keys
The Cross Keys was built in the early part of the 18th century on land that had been acquired by Hugh Sexey of Bruton after the dissolution of the Benedictine Priory of Bath. It was strategically located on the crossroads of the route between Bath, Wells, Bristol and Warminster.
The first record of the Cross Keys as an inn dates from 4th June 1718 when it was described in a lease as 'a new erected tenement or dwelling house...now a Public House on Odwood Down'
There was a downpayment of £42 to take the lease and an annual rent of £1 10 shillings. The lease from 1739 to 1760 was held by Ralph Allen, one of leading figures in the development of Georgian Bath.
In 1896 Sexey Hospital sold the pub to Oakhill Brewery and it remained in the hands of breweries and pub management companies until February 2014 when the landlord Clive and Samantha Prescott bought the freehold. So why not come see this historical freehouse for yourself and enjoy some lovely food and drink.
Bar 12-3pm 5-10pm (last order 9.30pm)
Kitchen 12-2:15pm 5-8:30pm
Friday - Saturday
Bar 12-11pm (last order 10.30pm)
Bar 12-10pm (last order 9.30pm)